Thursday, January 5, 2012

Living the Words of Shakespeare



Billy and I go way back. I fell in love with him back in 8th grade when I read Romeo and Juliet, but i didn't get into the rhythm of it until Juliet was about to kill herself. Bad time to get into it right? Since then I've read a bunch o' Will's plays and even competed at the Utah Shakespeare Festival twice. Took home the first place duo/trio scene trophy with a scene from Titus Andronicus where Titus goes a little bit crazy and murders a fly. In our version Titus stabbed through a bowl, through the card table, and nearly into my leg every practice/performance. It was a little bit tense if you could imagine.


I love doing fight choreography, especially for Shakespeare plays. It's kind of a life pursuit. Weird, I know :/ But it's way fun. Here's an ad for a play that I did fight choreography and produced this last summer with Such Stuff Productions. check it out! And feel free to comment on the actual video, I know the director would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment