Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Men's Psyche When in Love

I love picking out sections on this topic. It helps me when I people watch to get characterization ideas for plays.

BOYET
Why, all his behaviors did make their retire To the court of his eye, peeping thorough desire: His heart, like an agate, with your print impress'd, Proud with his form, in his eye pride express'd:


Have you ever seen that before. When a guy will get all proud with himself. He'll try to make himself look bigger than he is. He'll flex his muscles unnecessarily. He'll lean in closer than he needs to. It's funny to watch, my only question is, girls, does it work?





















His tongue, all impatient to speak and not see,
Did stumble with haste in his eyesight to be;

I see guys stumble over their speech all the time. Especially when there's more than one guy competing for one girl's attention. They
'll volunteer to do anything for them even if it's inconvenient to the man's schedule. As long as it prevents another man from getting time with her, that's a necessary evil.



















All senses to that sense did make their repair,
To feel only looking on fairest of fair: Methought all his senses were lock'd in his eye, As jewels in crystal for some prince to buy; Who, tendering their own worth from where they were glass'd, Did point you to buy them, along as you pass'd: His face's own margent did quote such amazes That all eyes saw his eyes enchanted with gazes.

Most guys should be able to stop themselves from doing this. They'll start staring from afar and fantasize about being with the girl. I think that's romantic, and stupid. Men are supposed to be creatures of action. If yo
u fantasize about being with the girl, then make it happen. No need to be glassy eyed when you can be admiring and talking right to her in her presence. Get yourself together! Have confidence! Heck, that's what Shakespeare was telling women in his first sonnet: that's they're more attractive when they have confidence. I'm sure it goes the other way around from the ladies perspective!














I'll give you Aquitaine and all that is his,
An you give him for my sake but one loving kiss.

I have nothing else to say on this other than this guy is the best wingman ever). :

1 comment:

  1. Nice, very clever; very true parallels to our culture. I actually thought about doing something like that myself, but yours turned out so well I'll leave it be.

    ReplyDelete