Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Getting prepped for the fight shoot

Alright, so we've got the script thanks to Rebecca. She and I edited it yesterday, and it's good. But not quite as good as the video production is going to be! It's gonna be sweet.

as this is a blog I would like to vent some anxiety. In the last few days I found out that some of  the costumes and weapons I was going to be borrowing from my old high school are now unavailable to me because the school is shut down for spring break.

Costumes, not a problem. Walmart to the rescue right.

The weapons? oh dear, now that's another story. Where the heck do you find Spears and swords a few days before a film shoot?


The South Towne Mall, that's where.

Guys I just bought an $80 replica, battle ready spear from the movie "300".

yeah... I just bought that spear for our fight video, along with another cool knife.

I always use top notch things for my fight videos and I consider my weapons an investment in future choreography gigs so no worries if you didn't just spend $120 on your project for this class.

My only anxiety now is that the spear is still heavy and super sharp and it can do some damage to the body if used improperly. But don't worry, I know exactly what I'm doing! I'm taking a grinder to take off the sharp point so that if it does hit some one it's not going to puncture the skin :) I've done this a million times with other knives that I use in my shows. I just need to get out my jitters about the fact that I actually bought a spear.

Who does that?

Anyway, so all of the people in the movie are going to be meeting at my house on Thursday night from 5-8 PM so I can teach them their lines and their choreography. It's going to be sick!

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the coolest purchases you could make! Haha can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete